So many people have strokes everyday, and are unaware of it. Having a stroke can be a very scary thing ,your body goes numb one side,slurred speech,and blurred vision.But don't worry Soulies Let's talk strokes... (If you or someone you know has had a stroke please call 911 immediately!!!)
What is it?
Stoke- Is sudden interruption in the blood supply of the brain.
Ischemic Stroke- Strokes that are caused by an abrupt blockage of arteries leading to the brain.
Hemorrhagic Stroke- Stoke that are caused by bleeding into the brain tissue when a blood vessel bursts.
What Causes It?
Ischemic stroke- Are most often caused by atherosclerosis, or hardening of the arteries, and carry the same risk factors as heart attacks.
Hemorrhagic Stroke- High blood pressure and aging blood vessels are the most common causes of hemorrhagic stroke. Hemorrhagic strokes can be caused by arteriosclerosis malformation.( AVM)- abnormal tangle of blood vessels connecting arteries and veins, which disrupts hormal blood flow and oxygen circulation.
Tips To Prevent It?
1. Lower blood pressure- regular readings and a few basic blood test to check cholesterol levels.
2.Weight management- adopting long-term lifestyle modification to maintain a healthy body weight.
3. Stay active- Exercise, Dance. Get up and Move!!
4. Drink Responsibility - Watch alcohol content, drink in moderation.
5. Quit Smoking - Smoking affects the blood vessels, often narrowing or thickening them.
6. Stress management - Stress hormones increase blood pressure, and with those hormones long-term, it can lead to high blood pressure.
Home Remedies: Post-Stroke
1. Defeat Spasticity- Without medications, spasticity is a post stroke side effect characterized by stiff muscles. (Stroke rehabilitation exercises should be guided by a physical therapist).
2. Improve Mobility with Acupuncture- Acupuncture opens blood vessels for better flow and decreases clotting and inflammation.
3. Boost Brain Health with Natural foods and Vitamins- Consume blueberries,pomegranate,tomatoes, nuts,seeds,avocados and beans on the daily.
Home remedies/Herbal supplements
Ashwagandha- "Indian ginseng", ashwagandha has antioxidant properties that may prevent and treat strokes.
Bilberry - "often known as European blueberries," helps to maintain the flexibility of red blood cells allowing them to pass.
Asian ginseng- Is the specie of a plant whose root is the original source of ginseng.
Gotu Kola- Gotu Kola is a herb of the parsley family, and is used to improve memory and intellect.
Turmeric- May be able to help the body repair some of the damage caused immediately after a stroke.