I suffered from depression for years ,struggling to get out of bed in the morning. Feeling worthless and like my life had no purpose. Always feeling blue and just low in energy. I decided to change my diet and what I consume. What you eat has a lot to do with mental clarity and mental health. It's ok not to be ok all the time, know that you are not alone!!! Let's talk Depression and how to cure those Blue days!!!!
What is it?
A mental health disorder characterized by persistently depressed mood or loss of interest in activities, causing significant impairment in daily life.
What Causes It?
2. Brain chemistry imbalance
3. Poor nutrition
4. Physical health issue
What Can I Do?
1. Mediate at least 15-30 mins a day.
2. Yoga (every kind ) for 15-30 mins a day.
3. Exercise 25-40 mins a day.
4. Spirit Bath Take a 30 minute Epsom Salt bath twice a week.
5. Do things you love that will uplift your spirit
6. Work through it, and don't suppress how you feel.
7. Balance diet
8. Proper sleep every night.
9.RELEASE AND LET IT GO!!!!
10. Surround yourself around positive people,places and things!!!
11. Know you are worry and you desire all the love and happiness the universe has for you (SELF-Love)!!!!!
12. Be mindful of what you give your energy,time ,and space!!!!
Foods That Help Fight Depression
1. Dark Leafy Greens- A nutrient dense Inflammation fighter.
2. Walnuts- Rich in mood boosting omega -3 fatty acids.
3. Avocado- It's oleic acid gives your Brain power.
4. Berries-Full of cell repairing antioxidants.
5. Mushrooms- Helpful tools to lower blood sugar.
6. Tomatoes- Packed with Depression fighters.
7. Beans- Satisfyingly high in mood- stabilizing fiber.
8. Irish Sea Moss- Helps fight addictions that may cause one to feel depressed.
(Resources: If yourself or someone you know that is suffering from depression here are some resources that were helpful to me.Depression is real and its nothing to be ashamed of, we all need a helping hand at times. Know I love u so much and you're not alone beloved.)