I think water fasting has to be one of my favorite methods of fasting!!! I love water fasting because it is an even balance between not consuming food,but still being able to hydrate on some refreshing natural spring water....Let's talk Water Fasting?!!
What is it?
Water Fasting- Is a type of fasting that allows one to only consume water. Some may choose to consume water for varies of reasons such as medical, detoxing, and spiritual. The reason you may choose water fasting is completely up to you,its all about listening to your inner voice and body!
How Do I Do It?
During a water fast,you normally don't eat or consume anything besides water. Most people drink two or three liters of water per day,during water fasting. The average water fast lasts a total of 24 to 72 hours. You should advise with a health professional if u choose to extend your water fast, to make sure you don't cause any further health risks.
My Personal Water Fast: I personally like to challenge myself starting off with 24 hours water fast ,just a gallon of natural spring water throughout a 24 hour period. If I decide to extend my fast after 48 hours I may eat some fruit ,and whatever time I stop eating I go right back into my water fast. During my extended fast meaning after 48 hours I consume lime or lemon water, I still consume a gallon or a gallon and a half. I choose to consume lemon or lime water because it alkalizes the body, and aids in detox symptoms (headaches,muscle aches etc...) If you choose to add lemon or lime to your water I normally juice one lemon or lime per gallon of water, you don't want your water to be sour or to acidic it will give you bad heartburn.
What are the Health Benefits??
Water Fasting may Promote:
1. Autophagy - A process where your body breaks down,and recycle old parts of your cells that may potentially be dangerous. Autophagy may help protect against diseases like cancer,Alzheimer's disease and heart disease.
2. It may help lower blood pressure,supervised water fasts may help people with high blood pressure lower their blood pressure.
3. It may Improve Insulin and Leptin Sensitivity- Being mote insulin sensitive means your body is more efficient at reducing blood sugar. Meanwhile, being more leptin sensitive could help your body process hunger signals more efficiently and, in turn may lower your risk of obesity.
4. It may Lower the Risk of Several Chronic Diseases- There is some evidence that water fasting may lower the risk of chronic diseases like diabetes, cancer, and heart diseases.
5. Weight Loss - Because a water fast restricts calories, you will lose a lot of weight quickly. In fact, research shows that you may lose up to 2 pounds (0.9 kg) each day of the 24- to 72-hour water fast . Keep in mind a lot of the weight you lose may come from water, carbs and even muscle mass. How you end you water fast will determine whether you gain the weight back of not. When ending a water fast its recommended to try fresh fruit or veggie juices then slowly ease you way back into consuming solid foods( try fruits and veggies first to avoid nausea.)
Important Tip: Whenever fasting it's vital to listen to your body and don't overachieve when it comes to your health. If you have been diagnose with a chronic disorder or conditions where you may take meds please consult a healthcare professional. At 4rmSoul2Vegan your health , and well being is our number one priority!! #HappyFasting!!!!
(Please Don't forget to Sign up and become a member or a subscriber!!! Also head over to our Instagram page,and check us out !!!! Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/4rmsoul2vegan/ ... Your Support is Always Appreciated!!!Thanks!!!)