I know we have all heard the saying Karma is a beep.... l.o.l it's not ... Karma means action, work or deed; it also refers to the spiritual principle of cause and effect where intent and actions of an individual influence the future of that individual. Let's talk Karma Yoga....
What is it?
Karma yoga, also called Karma marga, is one of the four spiritual paths in Hinduism, one based on the "yoga of action". To a karma yogi, right work done well is a form of prayer. It is one of the paths in the spiritual practices of Hindus, others being Raja yoga, Jnana yoga and Bhakti yoga.
How Do You Perform It?
There are varies of ways to do Karma Yoga, I have listed below six basic steps.....
1. Self -Serve - If you want to change the world, start at home, with yourself. Use the ordinary actions of your life as a means of “waking up.” This affects everything you do. Being kind to ourselves and taking care of ourselves is not selfish but rather critical. If you are not healthy and peaceful, you can’t help others.
2. Be Genuine- Bring your authentic self to the table. I know it’s easier said than done and, at times, painful. These days we are scared to live our true nature for fear of being taken advantage of or ridiculed. The more people start being genuine in every relationship, the more kindness will be shared and the fewer hearts will be broken.
3. Respect Nature- As Americans, we take nature and its resources for granted, often to the point of exploitation. Be mindful of what you do to nature,because whatever u do to nature,it will realign back to you!
4. Contribute- Just being human, and contributing the beauty of who you are to others. A smile goes along way, to someone having a bad day!!
5. Practice Compassion- Compassion motivates people to go out of their way to help the physical, mental, or emotional pains of another and themselves. Be mindful as you go through you day of others and their feeling and what they may be facing in life.
6.Positive attitude- No i'm not saying go around smiling every minute l.o.l.... Practice being positive on a daily basis. It’s contagious! Let the transformative power of yoga pull individuals out of a place of cynicism and criticism, victimization or blame and invite them to think about life’s events
What are the Health Benefits?
3. Pure Intentions
4. Relieves Anxiety & Stress
5.Supports healthy heart