I used to love honey, I thought it was the best replacement for sugar, especially but was unaware of what a bee has to go through in order for honey to be produced. For the sake of the bees let's talk honey alternatives.
1. Agave nectar - Sweetener commercially produced from several species of the agave plant.
2. Coconut nectar- The syrup derived from the sap of the coconut palm .
3. Maple syrup- made from the xylem sap of sugar maple, red maple , or black maple trees.
4. Molasses- A thick, dark brown syrup obtained from the refining sugarcane or sugar beets into sugar.
5. Barley Malt Syrup- Is an unrefined sweetener processed, by the extraction from sprouted, i.e.., malted, barley.
6. Brown Rice Syrup- is a sweetener which is rich in compounds categorized as sugars ,and is derived by culturing cooked rich starch with saccharifying enzymes to break down the starches.
*( Eat all syrups or sweeteners in moderation , they do contain sugar, and high levels of sugar is not always the best for our health.!!!! But eat in peace knowing no bees was harmed!!!!)