(Shout out to Phillip from exceedinglyvegan, for sharing his amazing recipe with us. Don't forget to go follow him on Instagram @exceedinglyvegan ,and check out his website www.exceedinglyvegan.com, Thanks Phillip)
Carrot salmon ingredients:
1 large cup carrot peels (100g)
1 1/4 cup water
2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 Sushi sheet
Tofu cream cheese ingredients:
300g extra firm tofu
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 - 3/4 tsp salt
Black pepper to taste
1. Peel the skin off of one or two carrots. Then hold the carrot down with a form and using the peeler gain slice off long peels until you get a large cup or roughly 100g worth of carrot peels.
2. Place them into a pan with 1 1/4 cup cooking water, 2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1 sushin sheet (also called noori). Cover with a lid and cook for roughly 20 minutes or until the peels have softened and have a salmon like consistency.
3. In the meantime add all tofu cream cheese ingredients into a food processor and blend until you get a smooth and creamy texture. You can also use normal firm tofu but then you need to squeeze the water out a bit, otherwise it would be too runny.
4. Toast a bagel and spread the tofu cream cheese on top. Take the carrot salmon out of the pan and let cool down for a bit (you can also remove some of the bits from the sushi sheet that will have dissolved a bit if you like, but it's not necessary).
5. Add the carrot salmon to the cream cheese bagel together with some capers and season with some cracked black pepper. Drizzle some lemon juice on top and garnish with fresh dill. Enjoy!