Diabetes- Is a group of diseases that occurs when your blood glucose, also called blood sugar, is to high.
What Cause It?
Type 1 Diabetes- Occurs when your immune system, the body's system for fighting infection, attacks and destroys the insulin producing beta cells of pancreas.
Type 2 Diabetes- Begins with insulin resistance, a condition in which muscle, liver and fat cells don't use insulin well. As a result your body needs more insulin to help glucose enter cells. Over time, the pancreas can't make enough insulin, and blood glucose levels rise.
Pre- Diabetic- Is when your blood glucose levels are too high, but not high enough to be called diabetes.
How to Prevent it?
1. Cut sugar and refined carbs from your diet
2. Exercise regularly
3. Drink plenty of water daily
4. Healthy weight management
5. Eat consciously- portion control
6. Minimize your intake of processed foods.
Holistic Remedies- Taking Natural Herbs
1. Curcumin- has anti-inflammatory properties, reduce inflammation to help people with pre-diabetic symptoms. Curcumin may help decrease insulin resistance and reduce the risk of diabetes progression.
2. Berberine- Fights inflammation and lowers cholesterol and heart disease, Berberine helps lower blood sugar levels, and is as effective of the diabetes medicine Metformin.
3. Ginseng- Has the ability to lower blood glucose, and can significantly reduce insulin resistance to improve glucose control.
4. Milk Thistle- Helps decrease blood sugar levels and lower cholesterol in people with type 2 diabetes.